Corporate Metrology - Calibration Policy
We are an industry leader in our core business has always been cognizant that calibration of product plays a critical role in all aspects of the product design, manufacture, inspection, test processes and in turn the production of quality products, service, and support for our customers.
To ensure consistency for product performance and compatibility to other product made elsewhere Aeroflex business units conform to one or more of the standards listed below as applicable to their product, location, and customer requirements. In keeping with this policy the metrology and calibration processes provide an unbroken line of traceability to nationally and / or internationally recognized standards.
- ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems - Requirements
- ANSI/NCSL Z540-1 Calibration Laboratories Measuring and Test Equipment.
- ISO 10012 Measurement Management Systems - Requirements for Measurement Processes and Measuring Equipment.
- ISO 17025 General Requirements for the Competence of Calibration and Testing Laboratories.
- UKAS M3003 The Expression of Uncertainty and Confidence in Measurement.
UK NPL/NIST Reciprocal Traceability Statement
Calibration of the test equipment utilized in the performance testing/calibration of UK manufactured products is traceable to UK national standards maintained by the National Physical Laboratory (NPL). Both NIST and NPL are signatories to the International Mutual Recognition Arrangement (MRA). The MRA is an agreement for the international acceptance of National Measurement Standards and of Calibration and Measurement Certificates issued by national institutes. Under the MRA agreement measurements traceable to UK standards have an equivalent level of integrity as those traceable to NIST standards.