General Instructions for All Aeroflex Models
- Unless otherwise noted below, when returning units to Aeroflex for repair and /or calibration, do not routinely return manuals, CDs, calibration documents, AC line cords, attenuators, connector adapters, brackets, or rack mounting hardware.
- An exception to the above rule is when returning factory owned Demo or Loaner units the above mentioned items (manuals, line cords, etc.) must also be returned.
- If an Aeroflex model has a normal storage area for the above mentioned items, that is part of the case assembly, such as a lid assembly or inner lid, it is not necessary to remove these items prior to shipping.
- If the unit is purchased from the factory with a case, softcase, or with a shipping crate where the above mentioned items are normally stored, it is not necessary to remove these items prior to shipping.
- It is also OK to return any of the above mentioned items if it is suspected that the item(s) are faulty and it is desired they be tested and replaced as necessary, as part of the repair process.
- If a unit and an auxiliary unit are normally bracketed together with metal hardware while in use, uncouple the units, and in most cases, box the units up separately when they are to be shipped back to the factory. Units that are rack mounted should have the rack mounting hardware removed prior to shipping. Do not return brackets or rack mounting hardware to the factory.
- In the case of Aeroflex models that have carrying handles that swivel, adjust the handle to lay unlocked against the top of the unit, when boxing the unit to ship. To prevent damage to the handles, never box up these units with the handle extended.
- Aeroflex models that are shipped new from the factory stored in a transit case, should be placed back into the transit case when it is necessary to return these units to the factory for repair and calibration. The transit case with the unit inside should then be boxed up and shipped.
- Never ship any model with loose items in the lid. The only items that should be shipped in the lid are items that are normally secured there with clips (antennas, fuses, etc.).
Important note: If an owned demo or loaner is being returned, please ensure all cables and other accessories have been returned with the unit.
When shipping the following products, please include required accessories as instructed.
|1401 / 1402 / 1403(all) / 1404||When returning any 1400 Aux unit with or without the 1400(A) for repair or calibration, it is not necessary to return the RF cables (3) or the 25 pin data cables (2) unless these items are thought to be defective and need to be tested and replaced as necessary as part of the repair process.|
|2380 / 2382 / 2383||Please remove the data ribbon cable and the power interconnecting cable from the rear of the units. Separate the units and box them up separately for return to the factory. Package up the two cables and place them in the box with one of the units.|
|2398||Not necessary to send accessory cables or manuals. OK to ship unit in canvas case.|
|300 / 301 / 301A||The four foot N to N coax cable and the Coupler must ship with these models when they are returned to the factory for repair or calibration|
|401 / 402||Please insure that the Counter Mode Switch has been depressed prior to returning unit for display failure problems to assure that the display is not merely turned off. Note: Not applicable to 402-3 units.|
|600A||It is not necessary to return the tripod, the antenna, or the 25 foot coax cable with the 600A unless the spacing marked on the coax needs to be reestablished, or if any of these items are thought to be defective and need to be tested and replaced if necessary.|
|6200 / 6210||Please remove the interconnecting cables (4) from the front and rear of The units. Separate (unbracket) the units and box them up separately. Package up the four cables and ship them in one box or the other with the unit (6200 or 6210). Do not ship the brackets or other hardware to the factory.|
|DF7708||Please ship System Cables (6) with unit if unit has failures.|
|G101||Please do not send the Antenna when returning the GPS test unit for repair and / or calibration.|
|PN8000 / PN9000 / PN9002 / PN9276 / PN9500||When these units are returned to the factory for repair or calibration, the below listed items must also be returned:
|RDX (All)||The four foot N to N coax cable, the Coupler and / or the RF Module must accompany any RDX model that is being returned to the factory for repair or calibration.|
|STD7000||Please ship Interface Box and Interface cables (2) with unit if unit has failures.|
Special instructions for specific products requiring service
Shipping equipment into USA in wooden crates Effective March 9, 2007, in order to comply with US Customs and Border Protection Regulations, any wood pallets/crates coming into the US must be heat treated and marked accordingly.